Deccan Odyssey – Seven Destinations That Complete the Circuit
Take your weekend holiday to the next level by adding a little spice to your vacation activities! What better way to experience the world’s greatest destinations than by going to the extreme and taking on some adrenaline-pumping sport? Below is a list of the top 10 attractions for the adventurer in everyone and the best place to go to do them.
1. Skydiving in the Swiss Alps -Let your heart race as you soak in the beauty while plummeting past the majestic Alps from a plane! I recommend doing a little shopping around to ensure that you book your trip with a company that will give you the most for your Swiss skydiving experience! You’ll also be able to do some quick sightseeing during the flight up – you’ll get great views of the Interlaken lakes as well as the mountain peaks Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. During the freefall you’ll get that extra kick you’ve been craving as you plunge towards the earth at 120 MPH! After freefalling, you’ll enjoy sightseeing from a different point of view – from the comfort of a canopy ride as you make your landing descent.
2. Hot Air Ballooning in France – Get to see one of the world’s most picturesque countries from up above! A graceful way to explore the rich scenery of the French countryside, though hot air ballooning can be expensive, the memories from this trip are worth the fees. There are numerous places where you can take off, but I recommend going to Champagne for a balloon ride -you can take in a gorgeous view of the Reims. You can probably also catch a perfect view of the slopes of the Route du Champagne and the Regional Mountain Park of Reims.
3. Surfing in Indonesia – The Mentawai Islands are a surfer’s dream with over 70 islands that are wave-rich and adventure-packed! Off the western coast of Sumatra in Indonesia, this is one of the hottest surfing destinations in the world. There are four main islands (Siberut, Sipora, North Pagi, and South Pagi) that provide some of the best surfing experiences. The only downside is that access to these body art paint swells is usually by ferry and charter boat, and costs can add up throughout the day for food and such, but dedicated surfers, or those looking for the ultimate first experience won’t be disappointed.
4. Hiking in Morocco – The Toubkal Valley is one of the world’s hidden beauties. Spend some time hiking and take in the scenery of one of the most exotic places on the planet. Travel from Marrakech through various hamlets and Berber villages and make your way to the Western High Atlas Mountains. Get the chance to trek past the villages of Taourirt, Targa and Imoula and visit a village in the Assif Aït Mizane Valley, where you’ll overlook ancient irrigated terraced fields of fruit trees and vegetables! The winding mule tracks to the Tizi n’Tamatert provide you with a breathtaking panoramic view of the Atlas Mountains. The sightseeing possibilities in the Toubkal Valley are endless!
5. Rock Climbing in California, USA – Yosemite Valley in the National Park is the place to be for an extreme rock climbing adventure! Much more than just a valley filled with skyscraping rocks (literally, some of them are around 3,000 feet tall!), you’ll get the experience – and exercise – of a lifetime when you visit here. Anyone passionate and adventurous enough to attempt to climb these rocks is in for a treat. Yosemite offers both the experienced and the beginner climbers not only challenging climbs, but mind-boggling views of the gorgeous landscape that’s unlike anywhere you’ve been before.
6. Paragliding in India – If you’re prepared to experience soaring through the sky and seeing the world from a bird’s perspective, don’t miss a visit to Kamshet, Maharashtra – a paragliding paradise! Kamshet is a hill station located in the Western Ghats near an ancient trade route. Prehistoric cave temples, hill citadels and colonial stations all give this area a unique archaic twist for anyone that loves adventure. Fall in love with the undisturbed nature of the area and relish the peaceful atmosphere of this location. On your paragliding adventure, you’ll experience more than just a view of nature at its finest, but also an exhilarating experience that you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
7. Coasteering in Wales – What better way to get your adrenaline pumping than by being tossed around the ocean swells during a session of coasteering in Wales? The birthplace of this ultimate adventure, they’ve got this sport down pat. Explore the brilliance of this country and test your abilities in the world’s most natural playground. Though the concept of being thrashed around in the ocean is somewhat daunting, it is completely safe; qualified leaders are there to make sure your experience goes as smoothly as possible!
8. Scuba Diving in Australia – Probably the first thing that pops into anyone’s mind for the best scuba diving experience is to see the Great Barrier Reef in Australia! This location is perfectly tailored for those that love to live life on the wild side. Scuba diving in Australia offers one of the most colorful and vibrant sightseeing underwater adventure experiences, and there is no better time than now to visit, since the Great Barrier Reef is quickly disappearing. The best times to go are from August to December, when the water is warmer and there is more aquatic life present, but diving is possible at any time throughout the year.