UGG Boots Care: Tips and Tricks for Longevity
Taking care of your UGG boots is essential to ensure their longevity and keep them looking their best. With proper maintenance, you can enjoy your cozy and stylish boots for years to come. Here are some helpful tips and tricks for caring for your UGG boots.
- Protect them from the elements: Before wearing your UGG boots, apply a waterproof spray designed for suede or sheepskin. This protective barrier helps repel water and prevent stains. However, keep in mind that it is still best to avoid wearing ugg boots in heavy rain or snow for extended periods.
- Brush regularly: Use a soft-bristled brush or a clean, dry cloth to gently brush off any dirt or debris from your boots. This helps maintain their appearance and prevents the buildup of dirt.
- Spot clean when necessary: If you notice a small stain or spot on your UGG boots, use a suede cleaner or a mixture of gentle detergent and water. Dampen a clean cloth with the solution and gently rub the affected area. Avoid saturating the boots and allow them to air dry naturally.
- Remove odors: Over time, UGG boots can develop odors. To freshen them up, sprinkle a small amount of baking soda inside the boots and let it sit overnight. Shake out the excess baking soda the next day. You can also use a specialized shoe deodorizer or insert odor-absorbing insoles.
- Store them properly: When you’re not wearing your UGG boots, store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid storing them in plastic bags, as this can trap moisture and lead to mildew. Instead, use a breathable shoe bag or simply place them in their original box.
- Avoid excessive heat: UGG boots should not be exposed to excessive heat sources, such as heaters or direct sunlight, as this can cause the sheepskin to shrink and become damaged.
By following these care tips, you can extend the life of your UGG boots and keep them looking and feeling their best. Remember, proper maintenance is key to preserving their cozy comfort and stylish appeal.